Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hearing God in Music

Sometimes I feel like I talk more about the secular music I listen to way more than the more Christ-focused music that I listen to.  I listen to a pretty even amount of the two.  There are a few particular groups that I really enjoy and I love listening to them because I really feel like I'm praising God using words He's given me.  If you really know me, you would understand that I believe my love language between God is through singing.  That is when I feel the closest to Him :)  So here are a few lovely people whose music encourage me in my walk with the Lord, and maybe they'll do the same for you!

Column 1: Gungor : : Brooke Fraser : : Matt Redman
Column 2: Branches : : Phil Wickham : : All Sons and Daughters : : Starfield
Column 3: Josh Garrels : : JJ Heller : : Tenth Avenue North

They're in no particular order (except for Gungor, of course) and they're all such passionate people who love the Lord.  Their lyrics of grace and wonder speak to me as if it's God speaking to me through them.  How powerful is He who uses that which we take for granted as a way to love us more.  If you would like to listen to these lovely people, and worship the Lord with all of your heart, in humble adoration, feel free to listen to the playlist I put together on Spotify called "Grace" that includes more than just a few songs by these guys.  I continue to pray for you who need Him to surround your life with love and hope.  The best thing I recommend is putting the playlist on shuffle so you can get an array of praise and worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love?