Monday, August 19, 2013

Comin' Out the Speakers

I love listening to music.  I just love it.  I love finding new music and really getting into new-found artists.  I don't listen to the radio (1. because I don't have a radio to listen to, 2. because there are too many commercials on the radio to wait through just to listen to the same 40 songs over and over again).  There are quite a few regulars that come back up[ in my playlists throughout the seasons.  These 16 bands are the ones I continuously fall back on when I have nothing else to listen to.  These are the few bands that are repeatedly coming out of my speakers:


Top Row, Left to Right:
Row 2:
Row 3:
Row 4:

If you take a listen to any of them, you'll notice the eclectic interest I have in music!  My favorite genre, I would say, is probably something like blues rock; something that has a bit of blues and soul, maybe a little grungy.  I really like the way that kind of music sounds.  I like more modern music, to be honest, that sounds like old music.  It's new! It's fresh! It's not old, and I can still see the musicians live because they're young and truckin'!  However, I do like other genres as well ;) I also really enjoy the folky-sounding music, especially when it has a sort of old rustic mountain-y, old country sound to it.  I guess I could sum up my taste like this: new artists with new music that sounds like it could be old... make sense? :)  I think the only exceptions in the list above to that rule are Linkin Park and Matt & Kim.  Linkin Park (in my opinion) is more of a ... mix of genres (rock, rap, electronic, r/b, etc.) Matt & Kim ... they're just their own genre ;)

If you'd like to have a great sample of music from these delightful folks, take a listen to the playlist I put together on Spotify!  I hope you enjoy as much as I do!

What sounds regularly come out of your speakers?  What music gets you in the mood to move around? Have you found anything new and great lately?  Feel free to comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love?