So kicking off today's Music of the Week!
MatrimonyOur featured artist hails from Charlotte, North Carolina. The oddball group calls themselves Matrimony, based off of the co-front people, Jimmy and Ashlee Hardee Brown. Also in the group are Ashlee's brothers, Jordan and CJ, as well as friends Alex Watson and Shae Wooten. Together since 2009 as the duo, Matrimony has traveled all over the Southeast sharing their folktone music. Jimmy Brown is straight out of Ireland, and adds his homeland Irish flair in vocals and instrumentation. Overall, Matrimony is an energetic and enthusiastic folk band from the Southeast, anyone who matches those characteristics would enjoy a listen to them. The featured song to give you a taste of the group is below, titled, "Obey Your Guns" -
Like them? Check out their website at http://matrimonyband.bandcamp.com/ - the song you just heard is a free mP3 download! Or you can follow their blog at http://matrimonyband.blogspot.com/!
To keep in the Matrimony-style spirit this week, my playlist for the week is as follows:
- Obey Your Guns by Matrimony - FREE DOWNLOAD!
- Shallow Grave by Tallest Man On Earth
- Emmylou by First Aid Kit
- It's Time by Imagine Dragons
- The Light Is You by Said the Whale
- Little Lie by Lindi Ortega
- The Eye and the Storm by Matrimony
- If I Ever Leave This World Alive by Flogging Molly
- Ireland's Call by Celtic Thunder