Saturday, June 21, 2014

june 21: longest day of the year


Today is what the Pagans like to call "the summer solstice."
To me I call it the longest day of the year, or a few extra minutes of fun.
Today, June 21, marks the true beginning of the summer season, and to celebrate that summer is truly here God gave us a few extra minutes more than He has given us any other day.
While Pagans celebrate for one reason or another, I celebrate today simply because God orchestrated the sun, moon, stars, and planets for us to celebrate Him and the mighty ways in which He works.  I celebrate the fact that today I could enjoy the beauty of the day a few minutes longer than I can all year round.
So happy longest day of the year! I hope you enjoyed every extra minute of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love?