Saturday, August 3, 2013

Oh, My Lungs!

So this week started off a bit rough - at least more so than usual.

Monday

When Frank and I got to the gym on Monday, we were supposed to run for 25-30 minutes.  But once we got there, Frank realized that he left his dad's movies at home (we were supposed to meet them that night to give them back to him) and we didn't want to run for half an hour, go back and shower and change and get the movies and then be way late to meet them.  So I suggested that he run there and back.  He didn't want to, so I offered.  Well we decided we would go together. :)

We started off at the fitness center and ran down to the Boulevard (which we estimated to equal about .15 of a mile).  When we got to the Boulevard, we ran up and back which equals out to be about 3/4 of a mile.  So once we got back to campus from running the Boulevard, we ran approximately 9/10 of a mile.  From there we ran from the Administration building down to our apartment (taking no short cuts) and that is about a mile away from where we were.  After turning back around with the movies in hand, we ran the long way back up onto campus and down the road in front of Walk, Founders, and Petty, up the hill on the other side of the Grad/Sem buildings and back to our car.  This was probably about a mile and a quarter or a mile and a half.

Overall, we ran approximately 3.15 -3.4 miles in about 25 minutes.  Who knows, maybe it was more like around 3 miles, but either way it sucked!!!  Haha!  I had such a hard time breathing in all the pollution and smaug and humidity and manure and all that other stuff!  And I could not handle running up alllll of those hills!!!!  So many hills!!!   My legs are still killing me from that run yesterday!  I really needed God for strength and He really encouraged me.  At a certain point, my head started to feel light
(from running up a steep hill) and I thought, "just push it!" but I felt God telling me, "take it easy, take care of yourself."  So I slowed down to a point I could handle, and I never stopped the whole way!  I'm proud of myself for finishing and not giving up :) But my lungs just aren't quite ready to start training outdoors yet.  I'm working on getting my muscles in shape first so that, when I do go outside to train, my body will be fine and I can focus on my lungs.

Tuesday

This was a cross-training day for me.  My legs were KILLING ME!  Yesterday was really challenging.  So today for cross-training, I pushed through, which is the best thing to do when you're sore :)

I did weight machines:
Low Back - 25 reps at 60 lbs.
Glute Machine 20 reps at 40 lbs.
Pectoral Fly 15 reps at 40 lbs.
Chest Press 15 reps at 40 lbs.
Row - 20 reps at 45 lbs.
Shoulder Press - 15 reps at 45 lbs.
Lat Pull Down - 15 reps at 75 lbs.

And I did agilities:
50 butt kicks
40 knee highs
13 hoppers
20 frogs
16 lungs
50 jumping jacks

Biiiiiig stretch!

Wednesday

Today I needed to run either 25-30 minutes.  I was going to do 30, but I needed to leave quickly so that I could help Frank with something, so I only did 25 minutes.  I ran 2.08 miles in 25 minutes!! So I'm making progress.

Thursday

More weight machines for cross-training today!  I need to find other things to do, like real yoga, the bar method, other things that tone.  See the problem for me is that I really want to tone - I don't want to be buff.  It's especially hard for me because, if you've known me for at least a few years, you would understand that muscles grow on me and stay.  And they don't go anywhere.  And it's hard to make them look more feminine.  They're just... big muscles.. and I'll be honest... I sometimes feel embarrassed by those muscles because they are so big... :(  So until I can make it back to the library to get some sort of female-toning dvd to follow, here is the weight machine toning I did:

Weight machines:
Low Back 20 reps at 60 lbs.
Glute Machine 20 reps at 40 lbs.
Pectoral Fly 20 reps at 30 lbs.
Chest Press 20 reps at 45 lbs.
Row 20 reps at 45 lbs.
Shoulder Press 20 reps at 45 lbs.
Lat Pull Down 20 reps at 75 lbs.
Adductor 25 reps at 40 lbs.

After I finished with this, I did 40 lunges with 3 lb. dumbbells in each hand.  It felt good in my legs at this point.

Friday

Rest Day.

Saturday

Today I was supposed to run 3.5 miles today but instead... WE WENT TO CHARLESTON with our friends!!!!  And it was a blast!  The reason we decided not to run after we got back (as originally intended) is because we ended up parking 3 miles away from where our destination was... and we walked there... and then walked around the battery and the market place... and then walked almost 3 miles back... so I have lots of blisters on my feet and I am exhausted... I think walking instead of running today is okay...

We had fun though!  Look for my soon post about the fun time we had there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love?