Sunday, July 28, 2013

Far Overdue: Our Wedding Day!

So most of you know by now that Frank and I were blissfully married in January (January 7, 2013).  I don't really know why I never posted about it, I guess because it was already all over Facebook and felt that I really didn't need to blog about it too.  Well whatever the reason, my husband and our marriage before the Lord is very very very important to me.  Why shouldn't I hare it on my blog as I do everything else?  So in case you never got to see or hear anything about our January wedding, here are some pictures and thoughts about it! (By the way, I didn't know that song until the week before I got married ;) ) (So no, I wasn't trying to have a January wedding just because the Avett Brothers sang about it ;) )

The Night Before...



The Morning of...



The Time...





Vows...



Foot-Washing Ceremony...



Praising God.



Receiving the Blessing...


Pronounced Man & Wife!


And He Got to Kiss the Bride!


Walking for the First Time as Man and Wife.


Our First Pictures as Man and Wife: credit to Emily!


Signing the Documents...


The Bridesmaids...



The Groomsmen...


The Wedding Party!



Mom, Dad, Emily and Nathan :)





My New Family...

His New Family...

Our New family!

Our First Dance...


The Cake...

Eating the Cake...

Toasts...



Us.













Our Grand Exit!





I love my family, new and old.  There's been a lot to learn in these past seven months.  There's been a lot of surrender on both parts, and a lot of things have changed in our personalities and the way we view the world.  Ultimately we've grown closer in our walks with God and that has let us grow closer to each other.  We have plans, but hold them loosely, understanding that it's not our plans that are important, but the Lord's.  Even that has been hard for us at times, but we know that we are walking in His Will.  August 7 will actually be our 7 month mark, and we are planning on taking 1-year anniversary photos in the next few months - be on the lookout for those!

Praise God, at the end of it all, praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love?