Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Playlist For the Week: Going to the Nordic Countries

This week, since I watched Vikings on History Sunday night, I have been PUMPED about my Scandinavian heritage and my calling to Sweden and the Nordic countries!  So this week, I comprised a specific playlist that contains mainly music from the different Nordic countries - most of the music is not traditional, but more or less popular in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Greenland, and maybe the Faeroe Islands...  I have also added a few non-Nordic songs that are more reminiscent of Norway and Sweden and the history they have in the world.  First, this is a minute long, it's the intro to the Vikings series on history, it is so... indescribable how awesome this intro is:


So here is my playlist for the week:
  1. Sail by AWOLNATION
  2. Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
  3. Riverside by Agnes Obel
  4. Do You Remember by Ane Brun
  5. Tidens Gång by Taken By Trees
  6. Heartbeats by The Knife
  7. Kill Your Heroes by AWOLNATION
  8. If I Had a Heart by Fever Ray*
  9. What Have I Done by Anna Ternheim
  10. I Follow Rivers by Lykke Li
  11. Everybody Else by kill your darlings
  12. Reaching Forward by Those Dancing Days
  13. Wapas Karna by Taken By Trees
  14. Brother Sparrow by Agnes Obel
  15. Black White & Blue by Ladyhawke
  16. All Saints Day by The Silent Comedy
  17. Remain Nameless by Florence + the Machine
  18. Keep the Streets Empty For Me by Fever Ray
  19. Hang Me Up To Dry by Cold War Kids
  20. Youth Knows No Pain by Lykke Li
  21. Wolf & I by Oh Land
  22. No Light, No Light by Florence + the Machine
*Theme song from series

Enjoy this playlist and I hope you're able to catch the second episode of the series on History this Sunday night at 10/9c!  I love my Scandinavian roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love?