Friday, April 13, 2012

Songs from my walk today :)

  I have recently started walking from my work to the Rooster everyday during my lunch break.  I decided to post a song I listened to on the way over on facebook so that everyone will know that I'm keeping myself accountable for doing at least that much to stay active.  I have only been doing this for about a week, but I remembered that it has been quite a while since the last time I posted a blog.  Today I have few songs that I want to mention that mean something to me today.
  The first one is "Heartbroken, In Disrepair," by the amazing Dan Auerbach.  This is a really good song!!  It's a great one to listen to while walking because it has an edgy sound and rhythm to it.  This song is so easily stuck in my head on a daily basis, it's great at first, but as you know after a while you don't want to hear it for a little while!  I think this song is different though; it's one of those songs that won't ever grow old.



  The second I heard last night.  It is called "Better Together," by Jack Johnson.  Last night, Frank and I were having a time trying to decide whether we should still spend this weekend together (I only get to see him every few weeks - long distance can be really hard!) and I started to feel like I was slipping in his line of priorities with everything he has had going on recently.  I love him so much, but he tends to over-commit himself to things - something I had to learn not to do.  When we got off the phone, I had my playlist on shuffle coming from my computer and I was feeling very upset.  Then this song came on and I started thinking about how hard times get while we are apart like this, but it's so much easier to communicate and be in love when we're together.  Little memories of fun things we've done and jokes we have came to mind as I paid better attention to the lyrics.  I decided that if he still wanted me to come this weekend, I would be more than willing to scrap the plans we already made a month ago to help him in whatever way I could because, after all, it's always better when we're together :) Soon after, Frank called me back and said that he wants to make the little bit of time we have together a priority this weekend and still wanted to hang out so that leads us...

  ...To the last song for the day!  "Home," by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros This is overall a great song that explains exactly how I am feeling today as 5 o'clock draws nearer.  It has some strange little lyrics in there... O.o but overall, I get to go home with my best friend tonight! :D  I am SO excited :)

  So this is my first blog in a while, I'll try to do so every weekday as I walk from work to the Rooster.  It's always such a relief to blog, and it's so much fun!  I don't know why I don't do it more often.

©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love?