Friday, November 7, 2014

thankfulness: my week in pictures and gratitude










This week I have been thankful for:
Snow on my South Carolina windshield on November 1
Hearing stories of old from alumni
Beautiful evenings and apartment light ornaments
The freedom to vote
Being reminded that my body has been given boundaries that I cannot cross
Knowing that God is my strength
Friends who leave class to find me, take me to urgent care, and twirl around on the doctor's chair while we wait for the doc to arrive
A sweet and thoughtful hubby who gives me cards with puppies to help me feel better
A food journal that reminds me what I should and should not munch on
Makeshift tubs on the kitchen floor
Epsom salt baths
Dr. Ben
A beautiful backyard and campus
Drawing nigh to God in prayer and faith
A campus whose mission is to know Him and to make Him known
Red leaves and clear blue skies
And the weekend, the Sabbath, that was made for man and not the other way around.

Thankfulness, gratitude, is a gift to give and receive at all moments of life.
It turns everything into enough.
This is November, a month in America to be thankful for all things, 
but the practice shouldn't end on the 30th.
How have you been thankful lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love?