Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Dear Summer Movies,


Dear X-Men: Days of Future Past,
You have always been my favorite group of superheroes. You come out this Friday.  Fortunately I will not be in town on Friday, otherwise I would go without Frank to see you.  You better be glad I wouldn't leave my homeboy hanging.  I am definitely looking forward to seeing you again Xavier, it has been a sad while.  Thanks for not dying after all.
Dear Million Ways to Die in the West,
I love laughing, and I think you will make me laugh.  I hear you're tight with Seth MacFarlane, Charlize Theron, Sarah Silverman, AND Liam Neeson... I think you and I are going to get along just fine. Besides, what better type of movie is there than humor + the wild west?
Dear The Fault In Our Stars,
Typically I wouldn't want to see someone like you.  I'm not much of one to see a sappy, sad, emotional movie like you appear to be.  But there is something sweet and mysterious about your roots and reasons that makes me think you would be one worth crying over.  Don't make me cry too much, or I'll get mad.
Dear Transformers: Age of Extinction,
I remember watching you as a small child and I loved playing with Optimus Prime figures when I went over to friend's houses.  When you first started showing on the Big Screen, I saw you every time, liking the general idea of the story, not so much the love story.  As I told the last guy, I'm not one for sappy, romance stuff.  This time, you have lost some of that weight and are shaping up to what I was hoping you'd be in the first place.  And you added Mark Wahlberg which is a huge "uh-huh" from me.
Dear Wish I Was Here,
You know, I am actually peacefully excited to see you.  Just your preview reminds me of the Secret Life of Walter Mitty, and I kinda like that.  Probably because you'll be a bit more realistic, admitting that you have error as being human, but you come to a point of realization that you are worth more than your dreams.  I think I will enjoy you as well.

You guys will be keeping me busy this summer.  Counting down.
Love,
Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love?