There are a few ways that I have decorated parts of our house using glass jars and bottles. Here is a simple way to do this: use yarn (or some other form of stringy thing) and wrap a bottle.
- Tape the end of the yarn to the bottle. Don't bother cutting the yarn's length yet - I've always found it more useful to just unroll the ball of yarn as I go rather than ending up too short or long when I'm finished. Tape the end of the yarn vertically, pointing the very end down towards the ground.
- Hold the tape in place there as you begin wrapping the bottle in yarn.
- When you get towards the end of the bottle, or when you are getting ready to stop, put a piece of tape right below where your yarn is - not yet at the bottom, but within an inch of the bottom. Let it hang a little off the bottom of the bottle.
- Once you get far enough down the bottle, over the tape, lift up the bottom sliver of the tape and place the end of the yarn underneath it.
- Then cut the excess. Ta da! Bottle wrapped in yarn. You can see my label in the end result - this won't happen if you don't put it in front of light or if you use a label-less bottle ;)