Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Combining {The Craft Room}

The Craft Room    As some of you may know, a little over a year ago, I opened a new blog called The Craft Room.  I did so because I had so many craft project how-to's to share with the world.  I don't necessarily have a problem with Pinterest, but I don't really use Pinterest to say I'm crafty.  Since I was a wee tot, I found a lot of creative alternatives, partially because of my mom's influence, partially because of lack of video games and television in our house, and partially because I didn't really get new things growing up in a relative-poverty household.  Because of these reasons, I have always been able to somehow figure out how to turn paper towel rolls into bracelet holders, and so on.  Both of my siblings learned to be creative for the same reasons.  This was just how we lived out our childhood: without Pinterest.

    I have been thinking about doing something for a few months now;  If you have noticed, The Craft Room blog has gone pretty stagnant since the beginning of 2013.  There are a few reasons for this:

  1. I just have not had time for crafts, nonetheless everything it takes to take good pictures, document them into my computer, then type up a blog about it.  I just haven't had time.
  2. I wanted to share my own creativity with the world, but everything I did was made generic by asking first, "Did you see this on Pinterest!?" That really hurts me more than I let on.  I'm tired of putting things up and people asking that question.
  3. I use this blog (Jay Elle Bee) more than I do any of the other ones I have created.
  4. I just don't like the way I designed The Craft Blog layout, but I don't really feel like spending time to change it.
So for these reasons, I have decided to leave my Craft Room blog in the dust.  I tried, not as hard as I could, but I decided I didn't like it.  However, I cannot simply close it down and delete it.  For those of you who are on Pinterest, I have allowed people to pin pictures of my crafts and tutorials to Pinterest.  When people click on the pictures to find out how to do these things, I want them to be able to find my blog.  Yes, I could allow followers of my main blog to Pin pictures, but I don't want to have false representation of how many people view my blog each day.  Besides, this is my personal blog, where I talk about things that go on in my life.  I will start posting some crafts that I do along the way, not regularly, but whenever I happen to do them and take pictures of them.

    So in all, I might be copying the tutorials of my previous crafts on this blog, but I will not be continuing to use my blog known as The Craft Room.  I haven't decided on that yet, but we'll see.  For now, you have only the luxury of enjoying The Craft Room as it is.

    Thanks to all of you who read my posts and support my blogging habit - it means a lot to know that people care enough to read about what's going on with me!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love?