Friday, May 31, 2013

Dumbledore Quotes: Philosopher's Stone

     I just finished reading through the first Harry Potter book, the Philosopher's Stone, for the third time in my life.  Every time I re-read one of these fantastical spheres of creation, I am blown away and I notice things I might not have noticed previously.  And each time I begin again, it's as if I don't know what's going to happen next - reading Harry Potter is a never-ending adventure!

Well this time I decided to take notes on something I always notice as important throughout the series: Dumbledore.  Dumbledore, the wise old headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry always has the most profound things to say, and every move he makes is never executed without severe and earnest thought beforehand.  So these are some of the quotes from Dumbledore that I found amazingly profound and applicable to our own lives from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone:


"Ah music... A magic beyond all we do here!"
~ Page 95

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
~Page 157

"What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally the whole school knows."
~Page 214

"After all, to the well-organised mind, death is but the next great adventure."
~Page 215

"As much money and life as you want!  The two things most human beings would choose above all - the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things which are worst for them."
~Page 215

"...to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever."
~Page 216



I have already commenced my reading of the second book, The Chamber of Secrets; surely more great Dumbledore quotes are to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love?