Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

  I recently discovered my most favorite movie in the world: The Perks of Being a Wallflower.  I mainly wanted to watch the movie because I love Emma Watson and I think she's amazing, but as I watched the movie I really became enchanted by it's nostalgic and relatable personality from the mid-90's.

  This movie is just a gem.  I love it.  It stars Emma Watson, Ezra Miller, and Logan Lerman with other supporting actors.  The movie is based off of a book of the same title by American novelist Stephen Chbosky.

  The book and movie follows an introverted, introspective 15-year-old freshman named Charlie who has experienced a friend's suicide, the death of an aunt, and child molestation.

  We begin with him on his first day of high school as he hopes to make news friends but has trouble with this at first because of his shyness.  Two seniors, step-siblings Sam and Patrick, take him under their wings and help him cope in the real world with the help of their group they coin at one point as the wallflowers and the island of lost toys.  By wallflower, they explain that they are the people who fell unnoticed accept by other wallflowers.  Together the friends face tough situations, relationship struggles, and fighting for each other just to survive.

  Full of emotion and life-facing detail, The Perks of Being a Wallflower exemplifies the struggle and hope of going through high school with only a few good friends.  It is possible to work towards something worthwhile  and it's okay to face your past and your fears.

  I highly recommend this movie to anyone interested, there are a few words not acceptable for youngsters but not very many.  There are no sex scenes, but there is one suggestive scene.  There are also quite a few party scenes... So ultimately I recommend this movie for people in high school and older ;)  The film is rated PG-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love?